Friday, November 5, 2010

The week in review

This week has been pretty eventful for me! A lot of risks were taken, and I've certainly stepped out of my comfort zone. But, it's all a part of taking strides towards my bucket list to my 20's!

Numbers that I've been working on:
#9 shop smarter. I've got a lot of clothes. I've worked on the part where I'm no longer donating clothes that still have tags attached (that was always such a huge waste of money). But I still shop. A lot. So, in an attempt to reacquaint myself with my closet, and the clothes I do have, I have decided to join in Kendi and her 30 for 30 clothes remix. I'm to pick 30 items from my closet, and remix those into outfits for the next 30 days. And the big catch. NO SHOPPING! No shopping for 30 days will be a second to me. Followed only by that one time I did it after college, and the end result was a giant shopping binge at Banana Republic where I then spent the money I saved, and the entire following months shopping budget. That would be a major fail right there, my friends. So, I'll be posting my 30 items, and my 30 outfits over the next 30 days. I will rely heavily on accessories (which are not included in the 30 items) so we'll see just how much it does change things up. It will also spark my creativity I'm sure as I'm looking for new accessories, which will also mean, I'll be making more things, which brings me to my next part of this week.

#8 expand petal & pink. I entered the Martha Stewart Crafts Department "Call to Crafty Arms"! Ah! I wanted to vomit the second I clicked send. And I didn't stop shaking until just now. According to the official rules, they'll be posting the 5 finalists as early as 6pm today, or as late as sometime on November 12. Needless to say, I'll be stalking that page for awhile! I don't expect much, but it would be nice to see my little petal & pink up there! Also, there will be new items created, and posted as a result of the remix challenge, which will be great just before the Holiday season kicks into full blast!

Also happening this week, Dan turned 30! I've been giving him a hard time and teasing him relentlessly about being an "Old Man". He keeps on telling me something about payback, but I'll just cry. Tears always work. (amiright?) Also, it means, as I've pointed out, he's a "decade" older than me! My husband is in his 30's, while his youngin' of a wife is in her 20's. What a stud he is. However, this was more fun when we first started dating and he looked like a cradle-robber being in his 20's, with a girlfriend who was just a teenager. Ahh young love...I still have no idea how he's put up with me this long! (especially after that time when we were past the 3 month dating mark and I told him I could no longer return him to the boyfriend store...)

I'll be sure to keep you updated about the Crafts Dept contest, and be on the look out for my 30 items this weekend!

No comments: