Monday, November 29, 2010

My boots. For less.

I've been meaning to share this. I was shopping at the mall with my mother not too long ago. (It was day 1 of the 30 for 30 challenge to be exact. I was worried about being strong and shopping and ruining it all on the first day. I was good, and didn't buy, but my wallet was really confused.)

Anyway, I was shopping and as I walked through the shoe section with my mom (the torture!) she pointed to a pair of boots and said "Aren't those your boots?"


Wow. Kind of. Yeah. They're actually really close! Contrast zipper, buckles, ruching at the bend, very close indeed.

My boots (from DSW in Black here) are a more cognac shade, and have 2 buckles at the top, and are genuine leather, not a man made synthetic. However, comparing the two prices, the Madden Girl ones are less than half! If I had paid the full $150 for the ones from DSW (I paid $30), I would have been upset. I can't vouch for the comfort of the Madden Girl Zoiiee, but I absolutely love my SM ones, and the comfort is there in those. I wear them all day, and never have had any problems with them.

If you're looking for a similar pair without the buckles, check out these ones by Mix No.6. I wasn't impressed with them in person, but they may work with your budget/style choice.


5 comments:

kimmie said...

Dang! How did you get yours for $30!? Please do tell :)

Anonymous said...

Both yours and the boots pictured are so cute. I'm in need of some flat saddle-colored boots... and I think any boots for $30 is pretty damn good!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

Elisabeth said...

Judging from your photos, your boots are cuter!

Erin said...

Kimmie- DSW was having a sale for $50 off $150, which brought them down to $100, then I had a $5 b-day coupon for them, and a $10 reward coupon, and $60 in a gift card. Steal of the season for me!

Elisabeth, I'm more partial to mine, too.

Cait said...

I have these Madden girl boots in black with the blue zipper in back (the main reason I bought them) and they are super comfy. I have seen a lot of look alikes as well.

http://fashioncuriouscait.blogspot.com