Monday, November 15, 2010

I am not a fashion blogger.

I have to give a huge amount of credit to those fashion bloggers who can do daily "Outfit of the day" posts.

I cannot do that. I found out by day 5 of the 30 for 30 challenge that I was not able to keep up with this. Luckily, having gotten through days 1-5, I've come to a conclusion. I'm no longer doing daily outfit posts. I'm still doing the challenge, but I really need to dedicate the time after my 9-5 to petal and pink. It's almost the holiday season, and I need to stock up the shop. And, a fashion blog is not what I want this to become (although I'll still share things I've bought/lusting after/searching for in terms of fashion talk).

What's going to happen? During the week, I'll post any thoughts I'm having about the challenge. Over the weekend, I'll post the outfits I've worn during the week. So, on Saturday, the 20th, I'll post outfits from 11/13-11/19.

So, what are my first impressions of days 1-5 of this challenge? So far, so good. However, I haven't worn everything yet. I've still got variety! One thing I do wish? I wish I had chosen a few more casual tops. While I do live in cardigans/tanks during the week, I would have liked to have a bit more variety for days where I'm just doing laundry and running errands. The no shopping has been easy. But I can--and often do--go more than a week without shopping.

9 comments:

Janeen said...

It is not easy to keep up with daily blog posts. I honestly have no idea how some people do it. Some people are able to have posts ready ahead of time, but anyone who keeps a real-time blog, it's hard. Looking forward to the weekly posts. :)

Linley said...

thanks about the trench! and you should keep practicing on yourself with the braid! i bet you will eventually get it!

and i agree... i'm not a style blogger either and trying to keep up with this every-day-posting thing is getting tough!

Anonymous said...

i agree! I'm having problems posting everyday too - some days are just very busy!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Oh! I'll miss seeing your outfits but I understand!

Unknown said...

It does take a lot of time! It is my "job" right after school...

Erin said...

They're not going away entirely, just less frequently. I'm enjoying this challenge too much to quit!

Chelsea said...

Glad you've decided to stick with the challenge still! I am a style blogger and even I have trouble keeping up with daily outfit photos and ensuring daily posts! And to try and cover other topics I want to post on....I've been posted twice daily and it's a lot fo work! haha. I think I need to find a happy medium...

http://www.maritimeshopaholic.com

Chelsea said...

P.S. I wanted to mention that I checked out your Etsy page and your jewelry is lovely! I've added it to my Etsy favs so I can be sure to keep track of it!

http://www.maritimeshopaholic.com

Erin said...

Thanks so much, Chelsea! I'm enjoying the challenge and after a week (!!!) of no outfit posts, I may break it down into 3 days instead of a weekly thing. I'll find my groove probably on day 30. lol