Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day the second. Updated 70's?

Cardigan: J.Crew
Tank: Express
Shoes: Nine West
Jewelry: petal and pink (necklaces aren't in the shop)

This outfit, isn't a risk per se, but I for some reason never thought of wearing this cardigan with my grey pants. Which is strange...I like these colors together! I have earrings in my shop in this color combination, I've made myself a bracelet with it...why I didn't translate my jewelry and beads into real wearable clothing is beyond me! I was feeling all excited and confident when I passed a coworker who said "I like your outfit, the colors are like an updated 70's office attire". I said "thanks." but I don't think I meant it.

I have a love/hate relationship with these shoes. I love that they're comfy, tall, the essential black heel for me, and I wear them multiple times a week. However, they've been nicknamed my "death shoes". The leather stretched (after 1 wear!) and as I was walking in my parking lot at work, I stepped out of one shoe, plummeting the 4 inches to my death. As I was trying to (not so gracefully) hold my bag, purse, coffee and catch myself from falling flat on my face, the other shoe kicked me out and I found myself standing barefoot with a horrified look on my face in the grody parking lot. I've put heel bumper things to help with the fit and to help prevent me from walking out of my shoes, but I still don't trust these shoes just yet. I now find myself carrying a pair of flats with me "just in case". I might go to a cobbler (is that what they're still called?) and get real inserts since the ones I buy seem to fall off after a few weeks. I haven't attempted these shoes in a night out, because of this fear, and really, these bad daddies are just screaming for a night out.

Anyone have any suggestions for keeping these shoes on my feet? I haven't been able to find the Foot Petals brand, so I do have those on my radar, and I may just have to do it through Amazon. Also, colors? 70's? Nay?

5 comments:

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

I love the color of the cardigan! It's a very classic outfit & really cute!

Angeline said...

I like the colors! The cardigan looks like a saturated mustard color, which may be reminiscent of the 70s but is also very 2010.

MelissaNibbles said...

Love that cardigan! You look adorable.

Kileen said...

i'm in love with mustard for the fall and this cardigan is gorgeous!!

as for keeping shoes on my feet, i usually go with heel inserts from Dr. Scholls or the CVS knock-off brand. it also helps to add a non-slip fore foot pad too on the bottom of the shoe (they sell these at Bakers).

nice remix!

kileen
cuteandlittle.com

Erin said...

Thanks for the tip, Kileen. Love your blog, too!

Thanks all for the feedback!