Wednesday, January 26, 2011

On my radar: Spring/Summer needs and wants

Sure, it may be just weeks into 2011, and sure we may be getting more snow this week, and haven't even entered into our snowiest months of the year, but I've got Spring fever!

As part of my attempts to not only shop smart, but also to spend less money, I'm already working on things I'll need for my Spring and Summer wardrobe. I've been working on editing my closet, and finding out what I'm lacking, and removing what I don't wear anymore and I've noticed that there's quite a bit that will be needed for the warmer weather. Here's what I'm eyeing so far.

What I need:
White button-down top
Banana Republic Wrap shirt

Gap Cuff Sleeve Blouse


Black sandals that can be worn with cropped pants (replacement of a pair I have and wore to death)

Guess Aero4 Slingback
These are nearly identical

Nine West Nacia
I'm a sucker for a wedge heel
 
White pants (that won't make me look like a marshmallow)


Gap Boot Surplus Jean

Light-weight skirts

J. Crew Lace Dobby Skirt

Express Floral Smocked Waist Skirt

Bright Sandals

Nine West Stylin'

Summery dress (1 or 2)

J.Crew Shelby Dress

Work-in-Progress Dress. Anthropologie
Limited Pleated Panel Strapless Dress

Metallic flat sandals (another replacement pair. this pair will actually replace a pair of gold gladiators and silver J.Crew Capri flip flops, so I may want to get 2 pairs)


Rampage Prance Sandal

Report Chenola

Sam Edelman Gigi Sandal

And of course, while browsing for things I need, things that I want always pop in. If I have the money, or find a way to make them work, these are things I want:

Love these black sandals (peep toes?), they're fierce, but not practical if I plan on walking further than the block I work on.

Michael Antionio Tricia Platform


A lovely dress very similar to one I already own. (I live in dresses in the summer)


Free People Flutter Away dress

Also on my radar: nude pumps. I don't own a pair and really want to get a pair. I was going to include them here, but the list started to get a bit lengthy!
Now, if we can only get through the next 3 months of cold, gross and miserable (overly snowy) weather. Think I can get away with hibernating? No? Darn.

3 comments:

Jessica Jenkins said...

I actually have the Express skirt, but it's shorts in the same pattern. I got them over the weekend and I love them! I saw the skirt in the store and it's super cute as well.

Viv said...

great choices! love the colors you chose




myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

Josie said...

That Free People dress -- I die! And love that lace J.Crew skirt. I should make a list like this as well so I can avoid overspending!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com