Thursday, January 13, 2011

Baby got Back

While browsing the interwebs, I've been coming across a lot of tops for Spring that are pretty simple from the front, making your entrance just kind of average, but when you look at the back, you can tell that with these tops, it's all about the last impression as you walk out of the room. Here's a few back details that have caught my eye:

 Past Reflections Pullover (Anthropologie): I love the back detail, but overall this top falls short for me. I don't care for the candy cane like stripes, or the knit, and the fabric just isn't doing it for me. Maybe in a different fabric/non-knit, I'd dig it.
 Bow Back Corset Top (Free People): I love bows, and Free People has been infiltrating my closet at a rapid pace. I like the fact that the cutouts get smaller as they go down the back, helping nip in the waist, while the floaty almost peplum ruffling beneath helps hide any pooch. This needs to be mine. Paired with cuffed skinny jeans and flats or even wedges, and a cardigan on top for the workplace, perfect.
 Lace Back Cardigan (Gap): Someone give this model a booty, stat! I love this cardigan, it's lace back is unexpected, and perhaps just what I need for a spring/summer work cardigan to leave at my desk. This would be great with a few dresses and sleeveless tops I already own. I'm picturing my Free People floral trapeze tank under this awesome lace detail, how feminine!
 Chic Taupe Top (Lulus):  Okay, part of me loves the lace racer back tank under this. Part of me thinks this top got into a fight with Freddy Kruger, Edward Scissorhands, and Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Fidelity Black and White Striped Top (Lulus): I like the drape and I'm a sucker for stripes. You could most certainly get away wearing a bra with this top, but the draping may make a booty look larger. I picture this more for the beach or a cookout, than any other kind of situation, just add shorty shorts, and sunblock.

In my wishes to shop smarter, I'm already working on my Spring and Summer wish list and needs. I've got a few things that need to be replaced for those seasons, and I'm looking forward to a little seasonal wardrobe update. I'll be sure to share what I come across. In the meantime, what say you on the back details? Yay? Nay? Did I miss a totally amazing top somewhere?

2 comments:

Amber's Notebook said...

I love mullet tops! PARTY IN THE BACK!!!

MelissaNibbles said...

I love the first two. Very cute!