Friday, February 11, 2011

Rock the red pump

(it took me far too many tries to type "pump" not "pimp" for the record)

I recently came across something called "The Red Pump Project", and was really impressed with what I found out about them.

They're an organization (along with the Red Tie Project, and The Red Project Collective) to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS to minority groups through education and open dialogue about sexual health.

March 10th happens to be National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, and what they've done is put a call out, asking bloggers to simply, "Rock the Red Pump" along with a little blurb about the significance.

Since I own a pair of (mostly) red pumps that aren't worn that often, I took this as the perfect opportunity to help raise awareness and at the same time wear my rockin' red pumps. I often get compliments from them while at work, at Starbucks, etc when I do wear them and I'm promising to make sure people are aware of the reason behind my wearing them that day.

So, if you're interested in supporting them, I urge you go sign up yourself. And I'll be sure to show you how I rocked my red pumps on March 10th!

No comments: