Thursday, August 4, 2011

August wish list

Every August, I start to get a little wish listy with things. My online shopping carts fill up with shocking balances expected to be paid, but will never make it further than the cart. I have to contribute this to one thing--my birthday is at the end of the month. While I think I'm the easiest person to shop for, my family tends to disagree. I have to start weighing out my options, and due to a horrible incident where my ipod died* the other day, husband got the easy gift by immediately suggesting that a new one would be his gift to me. I was slightly relieved because the ipod was going to be on the top of the birthday list had he not!

Here's what I'm wishing for this August:


Chanel nail polish in Peridot
 First of all, it's my birthstone, but what I really love is that depending on the light, the color changes.

Anthropologie Dots within Blouse

Free People Fluid trapeeze blouse

Marc by Marc Jacobs Francesca
 So spendy. But now that I take the train to/from work, I need a good bag for commuting. This will fit everything I need. My current cheapy bag is falling apart after 3 months. I'm saving my pennies!
Jessica Simpson Cheetah Pumps

Kate Spade No Sleep Till Brooklyn bangle
 I've had a year-long romance with this. I think it's time to pull the trigger.
Nikon 40mm Lens

Nine West Galactic
 Kind of like a pair of Sam Edelman shoes I wanted (but could never find in my size).

Anthropologie Pilcro Straight Ankle Chinos

We the Free Boxy Striped Sweater
I'd like this in the navy, but this picture is better.
 


I certainly wouldn't mind if any of these made their way to my door, that's for sure. I'm also working on my wardrobe, as always, and figuring out what I want to incorporate into it for this upcoming Fall/Winter and I'll be sure to share that one with you too. But not yet. Let's enjoy the summer. I have to say, my birthday at the end of the month, while still summer, is often associated with back-to-school, fall and pumpkin-all things I love. However, it also falls with the end of summer celebrations which often make me sad. Summer is my favorite season of them all.

*curiously, the last time I had an ipod die was right before Christmas, and once again he got the easy gift.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

LOVE those two blouses, gorgeous.

The MBMJ bags are gorgeous and great quality. A bag like that lasts a long time, so it is a good investment piece. I want a MBMJ bag as well, but might wait for my bday ;-)

Di said...

I really like that nail polish! And a new lens has been something I've been looking into getting for MONTHS now...good call on the wish list. :)

You definitely do need a new bag. Hopefully that bag makes its way into your hands!