Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Burnt Sienna

Next to pink, my other favorite crayon as a kid was Crayola's "Burnt Sienna" , this orange-brown color was constantly one of the most worn looking crayons on my desk. Every fall, this color creeps back into my life. It's everywhere! Not only found in nature, this shade is popular in fall fashion.

Here are some examples the fall 2011 RTW collections (all photos from Elle):

Michael Kors
Proenza Schouler (color detail in the pant)
3.1 Phillip Lim
Alice + Olivia
Here's how I'll be accessorizing with this color:

Anthropologie Triple Strap Tank

Halogen Ponte Knit Pencil Skirt
J.Crew Skinny Belt with Bow
Lulu's Burnt Orange Blazer (check out that lining!)


Anthropologie Sun Shaped Bangle (on sale!)


I am a huge fan of neutrals and brown tones, but add a bit of a burnt orange hue to it, and I'm just obsessed. My closet is kind of like a grown-up box of crayons, except instead of hanging my work on my bedroom wall, it's around my neck, on my wrist, and on my body.

No comments: