Wednesday, August 19, 2009

We're having a heat wave!

Well, it's not really an official heatwave since it's ONLY 89* (but feels like 101*) here today, but it's a span of days like this that make me want to be here:


Good ol' White Island Pond...my family has a cottage here, it's been in our family for at least 60 years. It started off as a one room fishing shack and has developed into a VERY rustic cottage on the lake. (It's a lake, I swear...it has to do with depth of sun penetration, size, etc. but they can't just up and change the name).
Anywho, I LOVE this place. It's my spot where I go to clear my head, relax, and just beat the summer heat (it's usually about 10 degrees cooler here than back home). The one thing missing from this picture is the boat, which I call my perch. I will sit/lay out on the back of it, rocking out to my ipod and flipping through magazines, and oftentimes catching a quick nap. What can I say, the waves are soothing.

No comments: