Friday, August 14, 2009

Operation Accessorize

Okay, so you may or may not be aware that I make and sell jewelry. So, whenever an occasion should come up that requires special dress, I make something. In a short 2 weeks Dan and I will be heading to Seattle for his brother's wedding. Of course I see this as an opportunity to not only buy a new outfit, but also make something JUST FOR ME! I often get so caught up in gifts, bridal orders, and keeping petal & pink stocked that I don't create anything for myself. So now I get the chance!

Enter the outfit.
the dress


the shoes.



So the dress is from the Gap. I bought it back in June when Dan was away camping. What can I say, he goes away and the only thing to fill that void is some shopping! The shoes are Nine West. They're adorable Spring/Summer shoes, and I don't get many chances to wear them.

So now my challenge is to tie the shoes and the dress together. They already share a cobalt blue color together so the rest should be easy! I'll be sure to share my creation, and I promise pictures will improve. I'm getting my fancy DSLR tonight!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

OMG I LOVE those shoes!! I think you need to tie in the green from the shoes. Green/Blue should be good, and not overkill.

Where did you get the shoes???

Erin said...

Hey Betsy.

The shoes I got from Macy's over a year ago. I love them! Thanks for the green idea, I should pull out some of my beads and see if I've got anything that will go.