Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Things I don't get

Okay, so there's a lot of things I don't quite get. But, I think this will be a regular thing I do in order to express my confusion, frustration, shock, whatever it is.

Today's topic: Cat-calling.

So this morning, I'm walking to Dunkin' Donuts to get my morning coffee and as I'm walking I pass a group of 5 or so guys. They immediately start up, and I ignore them. From the group I get "oooh sexy walk" because obviously I'm working the street like I'm working a McQueen runway, a kissy sound, and god only knows what in some language I don't know.

So really, what was I supposed to do? Rip off my clothes right there and say "let's go"? And honestly, had I stopped and said something, what would they follow it up with? "Hi, I'm Jeremy..."? Oh man, you're such a dreamboat! How'd you know I've been waiting to hear those words all my life!

Seriously, it was just too much before my morning coffee. Don't these people know that while I'm awake, I'm not functioning (and sometimes rather grumpy) until I have that coffee? I just don't get it. What is it that makes guys feel the need to call out to women in that kind of way. Do I look like the kind of person that wants to feel like a piece of meat? Was it because I was wearing open-toe shoes? Maybe these guys have a foot thing, and really enjoyed my blue painted toenails? Either way fella's, you just amuse me...and then I belittle you and mock you later. Don't say I didn't warn you.

...And if it was the feet, you've got the wrong girl.

3 comments:

MelissaNibbles said...

Admit it. You pick out your clothes in the morning just to get these men to notice you. It's all your fault for wearing open-toed shoes. You were asking for it!!

Erin said...

Well, they were acrylic stripper shoes that lit up as I walked. Who knew they'd react so well to the 5inch platforms?

MelissaNibbles said...

That's where I'm going wrong. I've been wearing healies to try attract men!