Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hello Lover...

I'd like to introduce you to the newest addition to my family:




These bad daddies are the newest to my shoe collection. I love the look of fold over boots, but felt I needed something a bit more practical. Sure, the bad ass motorcycle style they play off of might not be the most practical, but I'm a shoe fiend, I NEEDED these the minute I saw them. I had been searching for black, flat boots and these fit the bill (they ARE black, and flat after all). I just figured in the harsh New England winters, I might need something to wear out to meet friends, date with Dan, anywhere that my fuggs can't be worn (that's faux uggs to those who may not know). These indeed will keep me warm, grounded (or rather, not falling to the ground when walking over ice) and stylin.
Of course, since they're new I need the perfect first outfit to wear with them. I'm thinking my skinny jeans but the top half is where I freeze. I like the first time I wear anything new to be a "wow" moment, to display whatever item it is that's new, but without being boring...and this is where it gets complicated. I don't want to be all blah blah boring until you hit the boots. I do tend to use accessories more as my statements than my clothes, but just what is a girl to do?
Stay tuned. I'll have an outfit at some point, I'm just not sure what yet.

No comments: